Postpartum Therapy in Huntington
We Empower Women to Feel Like Themselves again… Pre-baby… We Teach Women how to Restore The Function Of Their Core So That They Can Get Back to Enjoying Life Without The Use of Dangerous Surgeries or Pain-Pills!
When It Come to Postpartum Recovery, Everyone We See Wants To Know:
“Why Has It Been So Many Months Since Having My Baby And I Still Don’t Feel Like Myself ?”
“Why Am I Suffering With Back Pain, Leakage Or Strong Urge To Urinate Anytime I Try To Exercise?”
Most women think that their bodies will just magically begin to function normally after having a baby, that one day you will wake up and your pelvic floor, core and back muscles (who have been through a lot) will just know how to function again and you will be able to get back to life as you knew it.
Does That Sound Like You?
Does it seem like everyone just expects you to be the same person you were before having your baby? Do you often ask yourself what it is going to take to lose the baby weight? You have been to your 6, 8 and 12 week check up with your obstetrician and were given absolutely no guidance on how to safely return to exercise. Are you feeling scared and frustrated because you are not really sure of what the right exercises are for you at this point? You know your body has changed (A LOT!) and you know that things feel very different and you are not sure if you are doing more harm than good.
Has This Ever Happened To You?
You aren’t really sure of what you should be doing, so you decide to start running. At least you can just walk outside your house and get a sweat in under 20 minutes and be right back to take care of the baby. You figure you have always ran for exercise, so why not just go for it? But, this time it is very different, you may have experienced some leakage on your run or even pain in your lower back or sacroiliac joint (a very, very common problem). You keep running though because, what else are you supposed to do? This is a quick, cheap way to get back into shape and you’re not sure what a better solution would be. The problem is the leakage and pain is NOT normal! And it is a sign that you SHOULD NOT be running yet.
Is This How You Feel?
If You Are Currently Living With Back/Hip Pain and/or Leakage With Exercise, Here are 7 Reasons It Is Not Getting Better:
- You thought your body would just go back to pre-baby status – but it is taking much longer than you expected.
- You have had your regular check-ups at the obstetrician’s office and were given no guidance on how to safely return to exercise.
- A well-meaning friend told you that you should just start running like she has, because it is cheap and quick to get a workout and that leaking and/or pain while you run or exercise is normal.
- You tried exercises you found on-line for your core but you are not sure you are doing them right so you sort of gave up on that, and the exercises have not helped your leakage.
- You have been doing kegels, like you learned on-line but still no change in your leakage and/or back/hip pain.
- You have tried different exercise videos or programs only to feel exhausted, in pain and not dry.
- You went to see a personal trainer and the sessions felt very difficult and you often had pain afterwards.
If any of this sounds familiar to you – we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk with one of our women’s health specialists at our Huntington clinic, Universus Physical Therapy to find out what can be done to help YOU. The fact that you’ve tried any or all these things already is actually a GOOD THING because now that you can eliminate what doesn’t work – you are one step closer to finding the thing that does!
Click the link below to schedule a call with us if you would like to get some solid advice given to you over the phone. The phone call is complementary and there is absolutely no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help YOU make the right decision about what to do next that will be the best thing for your health.
The next thing people ask us all the time is:
What Can I Do To Get My Body Back After Baby in Huntington?
- First off and the most important, you need to make a decision about getting help. I can’t even count the number of people that have told me how long they procrastinated about seeking help, thinking that their leakage or back/hip pain will ‘just go away with time’, only to still be suffering 6, 9 and 12 months down the line, still dealing with it, and nothing’s changed…Or it gets worse.
- Next, do the RIGHT exercises – one of the best things to help you get your body back after baby is to do the correct series of progressed exercises – the right exercises given to you by a Women’s Health Specialist will allow you reduce your leakage, lower back/hip pain and even make intimacy more enjoyable – and make sure that you get to the root of what’s causing the problem, so that you don’t have to keep thinking about this!
- Drink more and more water – we should be drinking half our body weight in ounces each day, which is a lot of water! Water is essential for the bladder to function properly so that urine is not irritating to the system (like when it’s concentrated), it’s important for emptying the bowels to prevent hard, dry stool, aids digestion, prevents dehydration and optimizes cellular function.
- Get real, “hands-on” Physical Therapy – A Women’s Health Specialist is proven to help people who have had a baby get back to exercise safely, with the right series of progressed exercises to ensure you are not making your pelvic floor even weaker with all the pressure on it while doing the wrong exercises. The fact is that this will cause pelvic organ prolapse, and pelvic floor dysfunction that is even more difficult to deal with, even leading some women to need the dangerous pelvic mesh surgery. At Universus Physical Therapy we LOVE helping women get their bodies back to optimal function!
If you would like to know the Women’s Health Specialist at Universus Physical Therapy can help you live with less worry over if the exercises you are doing are right for you, or learn how you can safely get your body back to normal post-baby- We would like to invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free, no pressure appointment at our office:
Note: This Free Universus PT Visit is something that we offer to people who are very nervous or skeptical about Physical Therapy – unsure of its benefits or if it is right for them. If that sounds like you, then please start with a free Universus visit, where we take the time to listen to your individual situation, so that we can work with you to find out what is wrong and what can be done – and is completely free and will provide you with clarity and information to make the best decision about your health.
So the next question is:
“How Can Choosing To Use a Women’s Health Specialist At Universus PT Help You Get Your Body Back After Baby, And Why Shouldn’t You Just Go See A Trainer To Help You Get Into Shape?
- We can examine your pelvic floor, hip and back muscles and determine the root cause of your leakage, pain or difficulty with intimacy.
- We can quickly teach you how to care for your bladder and bowels to improve your pelvic health- so that you don’t end up having to run to the bathroom once the urge comes or worse losing urine.
- Pain, leakage, constant urge or unwanted weight can take away your energy and cause a strain on relationships (which just having a new baby has already done)- we can help you enjoy being intimate with your partner again and live with more ENERGY AND CONFIDENCE each day.
- We will ensure your problem is “corrected” and teach you what it takes to PROPERLY heal from pregnancy and birth (something your MD does not have the time or training to help you with).
- We will provide you with the perfect set of exercises for YOU to help speed up your post-baby recovery so you can get back to running or other activities you used to love doing! You can do this knowing you are not causing more problems in your pelvis like pelvic organ prolapse (which happens from going back to running too soon after pregnancy).
- We can help you avoid dangerous pelvic mesh surgery and avoid using pain medications for when your back/hip pain comes on.
- We can help you get a good night’s sleep, undisrupted by an achy back/hip from doing all the wrong exercises.
- We can help you avoid chronic pelvic pain leading to pelvic floor dysfunction which can happen with improper guidance when rehabilitating from pregnancy and birth.
- We can teach you some really important and effective self-help strategies to keep your confidence high and keep you feeling like the best version of yourself so that you can be the mom you want to be for your child.
Basically, the team at Universus PT can help you get back to living life free from daily, annoying, and constant pain in the back/hip OR urinary incontinence, frequency or urge. We can truly help you get your body back after baby!
If you want to know what it costs – and what availability we have at our physical therapy office in Huntington, NY then please just click the button below and complete the short form:
Moms We Have Helped Get Their Bodies Back After Having a Baby in Huntington:
Please enjoy watching stories of other people with Postpartum problems just like you who came to see the physical therapy team at Universus Physical Therapy– and left much healthier and happier:
Dom 70’s, Centerpointe
“I suffered from chronic back pain. So it did incapacitate me from time to time.
I found that her therapy is by far better than anything I’ve ever experienced before, because she basically works with her clients.”
Rachel 50's, Centerport
“I was used to being in pain, so I just figured, you know, there was really nothing I could do. But I had a recommendation from a friend that you were wonderful.
I was happy that you taught me what I needed to do”
Paul 60's, Huntington
“It was a fairly serious problem and I have to just keep working with it.
I don’t know why anyone would be skeptical in this day and age, it’s pretty clear that physical therapy is really good for you.”
Request An Appointment
Please fill out this form and
we will contact you about scheduling.
“I am a yogi and former dancer with a hyper mobile pelvis. Shadan’s expertise is unbelievable. She always helped me recover from my injuries. Always friendly and yet focused on her manipulations and the exercises given to me. She always has been able to see me in as soon as she could when I needed her. Why would one want to go elsewhere?”
“Shaden is a compassionate skillful physical therapist. Her knowledge of the body, hands on approach and ability to work with and listen to her patients is beyond what I have experienced with PTs in the past. I recommend her often without hesitation.”