Yoga for Injury Prevention and Healing in Huntington
Discover how Yoga at Universus Physical Therapy can help fast track your healing and/or prevent Injuries…
Have you ever wondered how yoga could fit into your fitness routine? Or are you suffering in pain and looking for a way to stay active without injuring yourself?
Most people think of yoga as a stand alone exercise routine and they would rather do weight lifting or running, something that gets their heart rate up. Many people say yoga seems boring and slow. But what they don’t realize is that Yoga is the perfect compliment to any exercise program and especially if you are healing from Chronic Pain.
At Universus PT, we help people recover from injuries and heal from chronic pain. Over the course of many years in practice we’ve discovered that in order to heal fully from chronic pain, there needs to be a multi-disciplinary approach to recovery from illness/injury, especially if it’s been going on for a long time.
Who this program is for:
If you’ve tried yoga before and it did not help you or you were injured…
Here Are 9 Reasons Why You Should Consider Yoga at Universus PT
- There is an opportunity to focus on your specific pain and adjust/modify specific to your body
- Before starting classes, you receive an individualized movement screening to identify which parts of your body need special attention or protection
- We communicate closely with your teacher to ensure a smooth and appropriate class for you
- You will have a very small chance of injury in an environment of healing and centered around close observation and care
- You will learn how to control your breath- which will help you navigate through the stressors of everyday life as well as improve your tolerance for pain
- You will learn about posture and alignment, which will help your joints stay actively “stacked” on your body so that to minimize wear and tear
- You will be in a healing environment with like minded people who have suffered with injury/pain in the past, just like you
- There won’t be any unrealistic expectations of you since we will make sure you are OK to be in that class prior to you signing up
LESS WEAR AND TEAR AS YOU AGE!
One of the most common things I hear from my clients is that wear and tear (arthritis) is normal as we age. THAT IS NOT TRUE. It is NOT normal. Our bodies will undergo progressive degeneration as we age, IF we do nothing about it. And it’s true that if you have not been training your body all these years you may have trouble with many exercise programs. Yoga is a very gentle way to move your joints for better mobility and strength. Done properly, yoga can have a big impact on one’s health and longevity.
Chronic pain sufferers, listen up! Yoga is one of THE BEST ways to deal with chronic pain. Along with your individualized Physical Therapy program, yoga will help you in so many ways.
Here Are 5 Ways That Yoga Will Help Chronic Pain Sufferers:
Yoga will help relax your Nervous System- the deep breath work will help to get the body out of fight or flight and activate the healing capacity of the body
Yoga will improve your Range of Motion in a gentle, non-compressive way, which reduces pain
Yoga will stimulate better Digestion, simply because focus is on the breath and when we are breathing we can get into “rest and digest” mode
Yoga will make you feel happier and more relaxed, endorphins are released when we take care of our mind and body, it will reduce feelings of anxiety and depression
Yoga will help you connect to your body which is an ESSENTIAL skill to learn if you are suffering with chronic pain
How can Yoga for Injury Prevention and Healing change my life for the better as well as prevent age-related degenerative changes?
Request An Appointment
Please fill out this form and
we will contact you about scheduling.
“Universus is different from other PT I have tried. They offer one on one physical therapy with outstanding therapists who take the time to talk to you while addressing the issue you have. You are assigned one or two therapists and both Nathaniel & Chris were terrific. I have serious back issues & they were very helpful in dealing with my pain. I always walked out feeling better than when I walked in and I was able to incorporate the exercises I learned at PT into my stretching routine at home. Yoga is offered & I just started taking the Saturday class & plan to continue.
Universus is 5 star physical therapy.”
“I’m so glad I meet Jen. She’s wonderful and I always feel better after my weekly session with her.”