If you’re living with an irritating neck, that is painful or that is achy, or it goes into your shoulder and arm area, then it is very easy to think that it’s “just something that comes with your age”, it is a bit of “wear and tear”, or that it’s nothing and it will just go away on its own.
You can’t quite put your finger on why you’re feeling pain in your neck and/or shoulder – but it does not seem to be getting any better!
If that’s happening to you, you’re not alone – we hear this type of thing all the time. The simple fact is that neck / shoulder pain are a pretty common problem that we see in our physical therapy clinic in Huntington.
And when it comes to living with this neck / shoulder pain, everybody we see wants to know the answers to these simple questions:
“Why Is This Happening To Me?”…
“Why Am I Still Suffering After 6 Months With The Same Neck/ Shoulder Pain That Keeps Getting Worse After Putting Up With It?”…
Most people think that when they get neck or shoulder pain, it will eventually “ease off” and go away on its own. Or that they will wake up one morning and this elusive pain will have magically disappeared… neck or shoulder pain will be a thing of the past… But then 6 months later you are still living with daily discomfort and pain. Maybe sleeping is becoming even more difficult. And the pain is often even worse than it was when it first came on.
Does That Sound Like Something You Have Experienced?
Another scenario we often see in our physical therapy clinic is when people go to the doctor, and the doctor tells them to rest and “try these painkillers”, waiting to “see how it goes”. Then 6 weeks goes by, they end up returning to the same doctor again because it hasn’t gotten any better, only to be given another prescription of even stronger pills or told to go see a surgeon.
Has It Ever Happened To You?
Many people are often confused by the pain and limitations because they’ve been told so many different things, by multiple people. Perhaps you think you have a neck problem – but did you know that it could very well be your shoulder where the problem is? Or what you think is a shoulder problem is very often originating from the neck. I know… that can be a challenging way of connecting the body and it can be quite confusing. But that is how the body works. That’s why we went to school for so many years, so that we can figure out where the issues are and treat that. And NOT all physical therapists are created equal. Coming to see a Physical Therapy Specialist at Univerus PT will be the best thing you’ve done for yourself. We are master diagnosticians! We will help figure out exactly WHERE the pain is coming from! Still, people often procrastinate because they can’t sort it out. And ultimately, they put off making a decision about what to do to help fix their neck and shoulder pain. What’s even worse is that many people just end just accepting it as ‘part of life’ – as if it’s normal, or as if it “has” to be that way. The best thing to do is at least consult with an expert and find out WHAT is really going on, instead or just ignoring it!
Does This Sound Familiar?
If You’re Currently Living With Neck And/Or Shoulder Pain, Here’s 7 More Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should”
- You thought it would go away on it’s own-but it didn’t.
- You went to the doctor who told you to rest and take painkillers-but the pills did nothing significant to help, and as soon as they wore off, the neck and shoulder pain struck again.
- A family member, or friend told you that everyone gets Neck and Shoulder pain as they get older, so you just accepted it.
- You sought help from other Healthcare Professionals or a Physical Therapist in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help because they never figured out the SOURCE of the problem, and instead spent the majority of your session making you do cookie-cutter exercises (without supervision) that you could be doing at home.
- You’ve tried using things at home like heating pads, and maybe other practitioners have used ultrasound or TENS but they’ve done nothing to help make the pain better, or this just lessened the pain to a tolerable level but never really resolved the issue.
- You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your neck or shoulder pain was so bad, but it still irritates you daily.
- You decided to get a few “massages” or acupuncture hoping that would fix the problem, but all that did was feel nice and relaxing, but didn’t do anything to fix it long term.
If any of these have happened to you, then we would LOVE to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk with one of our physical therapy experts at our clinic to find out what can be done to help you.
The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things already is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn’t work and you are closer to finding the few things that do!
Call us if you would like to get some solid advice given to you for FREE over the phone. The phone call is complementary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next to end the limitations due to neck and shoulder pain. We can also book a complimentary teletherapy session, where you meet the PT virtually and just talk about what your next steps could be.
“What Can You Do To Get Rid Of Neck/Shoulder Pain?
Well, here’s 4 things you can do:
- First, you need to make a decision about getting help – So many people procrastinate for so long, thinking that the pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 to 8 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed… Or it gets worse.
- Next, do the RIGHT exercises – one of the best things to help you ease your neck and/or shoulder pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises – the right exercises given to your by a Physical Therapist specialist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely again, quickly- and make sure that the problems don’t come back any time soon.
- Avoid sitting and sleeping in awkward positions without being aware of your posture – Have you ever woken up with a painful neck? Or, after a long day spent sitting felt tightness in your shoulders? That’s because one of the worst things you can do that adds to neck and/or shoulder pain is sitting with bad posture and sleeping in awkward positions. It would really help if you were given appropriate strengthening exercises for better posture, alongside hands-on treatments, so you can get active and healthy as quickly as possible.
- Get real, “hands-on” Physical Therapy Treatment – Physical Therapy is proven to help people with neck and shoulder pain. In fact, at Universus Physical Therapy it’s one of the most common issues we see. If your neck and/or shoulder pain is affecting your job, if your sleep is disturbed by tightness or tension in your shoulder, if it stops you from keeping active, or if it threatens your independence and gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends – Physical Therapy can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how our team at Universus Physical Therapy can help you live with less neck and/ or shoulder pain, then we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk- free discovery session at our clinic in Huntington:
So the next question is:
How can Choosing to See a Physical Therapist at Universus Physical Therapy, Help You Get Rid of Neck and/or Shoulder Pain?
Here’s just a few of the things our Physical Therapy team can do for you:
- We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness and we can definitely clean up the dysfunction in a couple of sessions.
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your shoulder pain once and for all – often inside 30 minutes.
- Neck and/or Shoulder pain can “zap” you of energy and limit a peaceful night’s sleep- keeping you tossing and turning all night/trying to find a comfortable position – we can help you to enjoy sleeping at night thus living with more energy each day.
- We will ensure that your problem is “corrected” and “healed” properly – and we will provide you with the perfect set of exercises (designed specifically for you) that will help speed up your recovery.
- We can help you put an end to needing to take all of those painkillers which are obviously not very good for your long-term health.
- We can help you avoid dangerous neck or shoulder surgery – and painful injections.
- We can help you keep out of the doctor’s waiting room.
- We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that neck and shoulder pain has taken from you.
Basically… the Physical Therapy team at Universus PT can help you get back to living life free from daily, annoying and chronic neck and shoulder pain.
If you want to know what it costs – and what availability we have at our clinic in Huntington, then call us today!
Conditions We Help People With in Huntington:
Have you been told you have any of the following conditions?
- Degenerative joint disease
- Degenerative disc disease
- Disc bulge or herniation
- Cervical arthritis
- Cervical strain
- Shoulder strain
- Lumbar strain
- Shoulder impingement
- Rotator cuff tendinitis/ tendinosis
- Rotator cuff tear
- Labral injury
- Post-surgical Rehab
Do NOT live victim to the diagnosis! You certainly may have one of these conditions, but it doesn’t mean that it is the source of your pain. It also does not mean that you need expensive imaging to confirm this condition. In fact, more people have similar issues, but have little to no pain and function actively without limitations.
Here’s What Some Other People Think About The Neck and Shoulder Specialists Help They Got from The Universus PT Team:
Please enjoy watching stories of other people with Neck & Shoulder pain just like you who came to see the physical therapy team at Universus Physical Therapy– and left much healthier and happier:
Gayle 40’s, Dix Hills
“I came for migraine pain, which was really a symptom of the problem of my neck, shoulders and back being really, really tight and holding all my stress. The sessions that I had here made a huge difference in loosening up all of the muscles in my neck and my shoulders, but they also gave me exercises for at home”
Anna 30's, Huntington
“The staff here and all the therapists care about your overall well-being, your mental health, and your physical health. Um, it’s been truly a life-changing experience for me. I could barely function day-to-day, and now I am in a position where I can focus on building my strength and living, living my life again”
Paul 60's, Huntington
“It was a fairly serious problem and I have to just keep working with it.
I don’t know why anyone would be skeptical in this day and age, it’s pretty clear that physical therapy is really good for you.”
Request An Appointment
Please fill out this form and
we will contact you about scheduling.
“I am a yogi and former dancer with a hyper mobile pelvis. Shadan’s expertise is unbelievable. She always helped me recover from my injuries. Always friendly and yet focused on her manipulations and the exercises given to me. She always has been able to see me in as soon as she could when I needed her. Why would one want to go elsewhere?”
“Shaden is a compassionate skillful physical therapist. Her knowledge of the body, hands on approach and ability to work with and listen to her patients is beyond what I have experienced with PTs in the past. I recommend her often without hesitation.”