Small Group Training With Clinical Precision
"Individuals who wish to live a relatively pain-free existence, slow the effects of aging as well as prevent injury should undergo at least 30-60 minutes of moderate intensity exercise, 2-5 days/week" - according to the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA). These exercises should include some “resistance” whether it be your own body weight, resistance bands or free weights.
We have helped many people regain their strength, mobility and confidence.
Once the majority of Physical Therapy patients are done with their program, they stop doing the exercises at home (mostly due to life getting in the way and not having someone to hold them accountable). This leads to a slow and steady decline in the strength that they have gained in PT and their problem inevitably comes back! And they are right back into PT with the same problem again!
Individual Attention to Achieve your Goals
We offer small sessions in groups that push you to work towards your goals and help you to reach these goals as a collective with a like-minded group with no judgment or intimidation. Our physical therapists ensure you are given 100% of their attention. Our physical therapists ensure you’re given the perfect mix of fitness and clinical precision.
Firstly, you will be taken through a movement assessment and a screening to determine what your personalized program needs to focus on regarding your body’s physical needs. Every client will have specific needs based on assessment and screening. This specific training focuses on mobility, strength and flexibility. Stability and strengthening the core are integral to prevent future injuries. We know we can help you progress past any rehab experiences and fully optimize what your body is truly capable of.
Universus PT & Wellness can help you turn your fitness training up and to the next level to achieve your goals. We can help you with anything from building strength, losing weight, increasing flexibility, improving your fitness level or keeping your pain from ever coming back.
Support From a Great Community
Our clients are goal driven and want the best results that they can achieve. We find that in our group meetings that people are always supporting and pushing each other to be better. We see that group members come early to catch up and also stay late for a coffee or kombucha to discuss what the next outing might look like. We think it’s all about community and aim to make the group environment as fun as possible.
Boost Your Energy Level Throughout The Day
Even if you’re tired from a workout session, when you successfully carry out a workout program you’ll have more energy throughout the day. We want you to have more energy for the things that matter, like at work, keeping up with your family, to play and practice more sports and have more recreational time with your friends. Having the right exercise program means you won't have to worry about exhaustion due to the wrong exercise routine.
Feel More Confident In All Facets of Your Life
We know that when you’re looking good, you’re feeling good! When you’re feeling good it boosts your confidence. Strength in your body means that you have the ability to stand up strong and tall, not letting any inconvenience get you down. You’ll exude confidence in how you carry yourself with a good exercise routine.
Who this program is for:
10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Small Group Training (SGT) at Universus Physical Therapy:
- 1The classes are small - no more than 5-6 people to a class
- 2The classes are taught by a Physical Therapist
- 3The classes are a VERY cost effective way to keep the progress you’ve already made in PT, so that you don’t lose any traction in your physical fitness
- 4If you are NEW to Universus PT, you will be given a Physical Therapy consultation to decide which class would be best for you to start with (We will perform an Individualized movement screening to identify which parts of your body need special attention or protection)
- 5There is little to no chance or overtraining or injury in these classes, given that they are taught by a movement expert and professional physical therapist
- 6You will be in a healing environment with like minded people who have suffered with injury/pain in the past, just like you
- 7You will maintain or even gain strength in multiple joints, as the class will be comprehensive with attention to the upper body, lower body, core and balance
- 8You won’t have to bother dealing with a gym and the uncertainty of whether or not you are doing exercises that are safe for your body
- 9This program would satisfy the NSCA’s recommendation to perform moderate intensity exercise 30-60 minutes, 2-5 days/week
- 10You will be taught proper form of the most useful functional movements that we need to use in our daily lives so that we can stay active, healthy and mobile without putting excess strain on our joints
How can choosing to join a Small Group Training Class at Universus PT Help me Get into Shape and Improve the quality of my life?